If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.
One of my big focuses is on the power of goal setting. I personally believe goal setting to be an incredibly powerful technique to achieve great success in all aspect of life. Too few people properly set goals and there is no excuse. Goal setting is a relatively easy skill and I have found it to give me at least triple to results compared to similar situations when I did not use the goal setting process.
Life coach Brian Tracy says the four main excuses people make as to why they don’t have written goals are:
»They didn’t realize the importance of goals
»They didn’t know how to write goals
»Afraid to fail
»Fear of rejection
Don’t let these little excuses get in the way of you achieving and living your dreams.
If you’re going to be successful at anything you must have written goals and a strategy to get what you want. One of my favourite success coaches of all time, Zig Ziglar, says, “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” What are your life goals? What are your health goals? Do you have a clearly defined plan to achieve what you want? Do you even know what you’re aiming for?
Here’s what you need to do when setting goals:
1) Write or type your goals down on paper
2) Make sure your goals are clearly defined and specific
3) Set a date of when your goals should be achieved by
4) Make your goals measurable
5) Put your goals up where you can see them everyday (bathroom mirror)
6) Create a strategy for achieving your goals
7) Determine WHY you need to achieve your goal (what’s your inspiration)
Always remember these four ultimate success tips…
1) Clearly decide what you want
2) Take massive action!
3) See what is or is not working
4) Change your approach until you achieve your target and never give up!!!
Finally, once you have your objective, written goal with a deadline, along with your whys and strategy, you now need to take action to achieve your goal. Action is the most important step, as the past steps have been done only to ensure continuous action.